Small Biz Saturday Showcase 05-10-14
Podcasting Builds Business
Hosted By: Joanne Quinn-Smith
Hosted By: Joanne Quinn-Smith
Listen to the show online HERE
Founder, S I Business Associates AND Talkcast Host, Empress of Biz
Medical Practice Manager, Dr. Santosh Pandit, MD AND Talkcast Host, Mrs. Cardiology
Today's guests Sunita Pandit, Mrs. Cardiology, and JoAnn Forrester the Empress of Biz reveal how podcasting/talkcasting and having their shows syndicated on PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com has helped their business survive and thrive in what some would call a poor economy. We also salute Mom's in business with statistics on how many women are starting businesses. And these ladies will tell you how their mother's influenced them to be entrepreneurs. Listen in to find out about podcasting/talkcasting and a salute to mother's all over the USA taking to businesses to take care of their families. Happy Mother's Day!
JoAnn R. Forrester
Founder, S I Business Associates
Talkcast Host, Empress of Biz
JoAnn consulted for the Women's Entrepreneurial Training Program for the City of Pittsburgh and the State of Pennsylvania. From 1991 to 1995, she served on the Pennsylvania Governor's Task Force for the
development of a strategic growth plan for women business owners. A member of the US Small Business Administration's Small Business Advisory Council for the Western Pennsylvania District, JoAnn was appointed the first woman Chair of the Council in May of 1993.
JoAnn is co-author of Steps to Owning Your Own Successful Business. JoAnn is a nationally certified site reviewer for the National Women’s Business Owner Corporation. In 2004, she was appointed a Program Loan Coordinator of the M/W/D.B.E. Working Capital Loan Program of Allegheny County.
JoAnn served 5 terms as President of the National Association of Women Business Owners and also served on National Board of NAWBO (1990-91) and National Nominating Committee of NAWBO (2007-2009). JoAnn twice received the U.S. Small Business Administration Award for SBA Woman Business Champion for Pennsylvania. In March of 1996, JoAnn was elected to the Pennsylvania Honor Roll of Women from the PA Department of Commerce. She was chair of the Global Partnership with Pennsylvania in 1997,1998. In 1999, JoAnn received recognition as one of the Top 50 Women Business Owners in Pennsylvania.
JoAnn currently serves on the boards of the Business Loan Review Committee of the Urban Redevelopment Authority of the City of Pittsburgh and the Greater Pittsburgh Chapter of NAWBO. Previously, she served on the Advisory Council of the Small Business Administration and The Women’s Enterprise Center.
- I believe in small business and you. I know when we walk with vision, a plan, courage, dedication and confidence, we can accomplish great things.
- All the big businesses that you see today… Google, IBM, Ford, Facebook, Apple & Microsoft…ALL started small, propelled by someone’s dream.
- Broadcasting on the air and sharing on the web, says I believe and support you.
- My 30 plus years experience of owning businesses, has taught me a great deal. Some of the knowledge comes from successes I have had. I have won numerous awards for my accomplishments, achievements and advocacy of small business.
- My clients have been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for their success. Yet success alone does not build wisdom.
- Many of my lessons have been learned painfully… mistakes made; shifts in the market place; wrong advisors; and my own shortcomings. I hope you will use this advice to stimulate your thinking and creativity.
- Please share your own tips and experiences, so we all can accomplish our dreams and continue to build our nation. Let us all dream big, support one another and make this our best year.
My best wishes for a prosperous and productive 2014. May you be blessed with the energy, enthusiasm, courage and insight needed to make your dreams come true.
|Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes it gets you!|
Stick with the Empress and YOU will get the Bear!
- No BS! Straight talk with practical advice on how to increase your bottom line from someone who has 30 plus years experience in business ownership.
- JoAnn’s clients have achieved great success and have won national recognition for their growth and business accomplishments.
- Prosper from listening to the Empress of Biz and her successful guests as they reveal their strategies and you learn from their past mistakes.
- Host, JoAnn Forrester has raised over 40 million dollars in financing for small businesses and is a teacher, consultant, mentor, strategist and writer.
- This talkcast is fun, entertaining and provides inspirational business advice that will make you smarter and more profitable.
To listen, visit: Empress of Biz – Listen! Learn! Prosper! or Dial 1-724-444-7444 and enter Call ID #80050 and Empress of Biz is a syndicated Pittsburgh internet radio show.
This radio show is designed to guide small business owners and entrepreneurs through our difficult economic times. Each segment has tips culled from JoAnn Forrester’s 30 plus years of experience and features a business owner or business partner or resources who shares their business expertise… The goal of the show is to have our listeners not only survive the recession but to THRIVE.
JoAnn R. Forrester
(412) 440-6969 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog: http://empressofbiz.blogspot.com | Twitter: https://twitter.com/empressofbiz2
Medical Practice Manager, Dr. Santosh Pandit, MD - Cardiology Specialist
Talkcast Host, Mrs. Cardiology
As practice manager, Sunita is tasked with maintaining a practice that gravitates toward preventive care, employing a combination of alternative and traditional health practices. She is also establishing a concierge cardiology arm of the practice, including second opinion consultation both national and international.
With Sunita's help Dr. Pandit has collected a comprehensive qualified list of alopathic and other health care providers. Dr Pandit's practice espouses the holistic approach to cardiac health with full input from the patient.
Sunita started Mrs. Cardiology as a Publisher and Fireside Cardiology Chat Consultant to share her personal insight as a medical practice manager, caregiver, and physicians wife. Most doctors including specialists like
|Dr. Santosh and Sunita Pandit|
Sunita is also an expert in caring for a severely handicapped child, adolescent and adult. Her son Sachin was born with severe cerebral palsy and mental retardation. She has designed a home that allows her family to live a normal lifestyle while giving excellent care to her severely handicapped adult son.
As a Publisher, Author, Blogger, Consultant to Caregivers for Individuals with Handicaps, Sunita shares her experiences through Fuzzy Living Inc to people from U.S.A. to India. As a veteran caregiver of a 32 year old severely handicapped adult son, Sunita has designed a home, caregiver showers, beds and efficient space for a wheel chair bound live at home patient with complete care needs. She disseminates this information for those who prefer to keep their dependents at home and care for them there. Information includes:
- In home space design
- Bed design for easy care
- Choice of day care or schools
- Choice of at home care givers to allow families to spend time outside the home
- Travelling with a severely handicapped individual
- Shower design for easy care
- Nutrition and supplementation
- Caregiver support groups
- Practical Advice
- Motivation and Inspiration
- Choice of Vehicles
- Transportation Alternatives
- Making Mealtime Appealing
- Activities for the Handicapped Individual
- Things the family can still do together
- Auto stimulus and family stimulus for the handicapped at home
- Healthy Nutrition and Cooking for all
- Lifestyle Creation for Caregivers of relatives with Handicaps
- Nuskin Distributor of Anti-Aging Products including the Micro Current Hand Held Galvanic Spa, “The Wrinkle Free Diva”
Resources you will find on MrsCardiology.com
- But I forgot to ask. . .
- What if?
- What else can I do?
- Explanations of procedures, terms, tests
- Relaxation Techniques
- Health Practitioner Choices
- Practical Cardiac Advice
- Stress Release Techniques
|Nu Skin Biophotonics|
- Specializing in Age Loc Technology keeping her clients younger looking inside and out without the assistance of plastic or laser surgery.
- Demonstration, education and distribution of age defying products that remedy challenges with gene clusters inside the skin, not just on the surface of the skin.
- Scan testing for antioxidant levels in an individuals system with recommendations for antioxidant and supplement balance.
- Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. If you have ever enjoyed the gift of a rose, a walk by a field of lavender, or the smell of fresh cut mint, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. In addition to giving plants their distinctive smells, essential oils provide plants with protection against predators and disease and play a role in plant pollination.
- Essential oils are non water-based phytochemicals made up of volatile aromatic compounds. Although they are fat soluble, they do not include fatty lipids or acids found in vegetable and animal oils. Essential oils are very clean, almost crisp, to the touch and are immediately absorbed by the skin. Pure, unadulterated essential oils are translucent and range in color from crystal clear to deep blue.
To listen, visit: Mrs. Cardiology--Heart Tips Not Tricks
Information and tips not tricks on heart health gleaned from Mrs. Cardiology's Fireside Chats with her cardiologist husband, Dr. Santosh Pandit......After 30 years of wedded arranged marriage bliss to Dr. Santosh Pandit, my "fireside conversations" with him has convinced me that there is much more to cardiology care than any doctor can possibly cover in the average fifteen minute consultation...... The personal experience of having taken care of my father with Congestive Heart Failure more than 10 years ago left me helpless in understanding and knowing how to help him. Today I know more that I certainly wish I knew back then...... So I embark on my personal adventure to address that somewhat overwhelming world of cardiac education and I like presenting in plain English!...... Behind every Doctor's white coat facade churns a world of untapped education that the layperson or would be patient needs to hear in pure unadulterated everyday language....... That's my mission to let you know of the insights that I have garnered and the mysteries that I can uncover for you about the "perils of the heart."
Both JoAnn R Forrester and Sunita S Pandit are board members of National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO Greater Pittsburgh)
Hosted By:Joanne Quinn-Smith
Joanne Quinn-Smith is the Creative Energy Officer of Dreamweaver Marketing Associates in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a full service marketing company specializing in Web 2.0 Gorilla Branding™. Known as the Techno Granny she offers her clients unique, creative and energetic marketing and management plans. Joanne’s expertise is in creating online platforms that create perpetual buzz.
Joanne is an author, prolific blogger and talkcaster with over 800 shows. She has interviewed over 2000 prominent business owners, non-profit executives and celebrities. Her flagship website, PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com garners 220,000 hits per month, 62,000 unique page views per week and in 1 year had 2.25 million visitors.
Joanne Quinn-Smith has been designated nationally, 2009 Small Business Journalist of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration for her advocacy and reporting on small business using New Media. Her good news reporting at PositivelyPittsburghLive was a finalist for best website or blog in Media for the American Business Stevie Award in 2010.
Listen to the show HERE
Thank you for your viewing and listening support. If you would like your business featured on the Small Biz Saturday Showcase please contact us HERE.
Posted By: Stephanie Curtice
This was reported as a reproduction of PositivelyPittsburghLive news done by Joanne Quinn-Smith.
(c) Joanne Quinn-Smith and PositivelyPittsburghLive(TM) 2014 All rights reserved.