Positively Pittsburgh Live! 4-11-11
Pittsburgh Alternative Health Practitioners
Judith Levy M.Ed., CEHP, RMT
Barbara Solomon, Bamboo Road
- Reiki Master Teacher and Reflexologist.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Practitioner
- MPH, RMT, CR- Master's degree in public health at Johns Hopkins University
- Was attuned as a Reiki Master Teacher and completed her certification in reflexology at the International Institute of Reflexology
- A certified Sacred Childbirth with Reiki practitioner.
3 Rivers R and R Camp
- A place of healing and relaxation providing the gentlest effective reflexology treatments coupled with the powerful yet tranquil energy of Reiki.
- Reiki training, reflexology for clients of all ages from infants to seniors, including expectant moms, and essential oil treatments are also offered.
- A holistic healing practice that relies on the energy fields that surround all living things. This energy is accessible for healing and can restore the body to a healthy, balanced natural state.
- Rei = Universal; Ki = Life Energy
- Practitioners place their hands lightly on or just above the person receiving treatment, with the goal of facilitating the person's own healing response. The Reiki energy is channeled through the practitioner and is experienced by the client as heat, tingling or some other energetic sensation. Sometimes the client feels merely an overwhelming sense of tranquility and well-being.
- People use Reiki for relaxation, stress reduction, and symptom relief, in efforts to improve overall health and well being.
- Has been shown to lower blood pressure, improve sleep, reduce anxiety and alleviate the effects of daily stress and tension as well as harsh side effects of medical treatments for cancer.
- A touch therapy, which utilizes gentle pressure techniques applied to areas of the feet and hands. These foot and hand areas correspond to other parts of the body, and pressure to these areas clear blockages in the upper body parts created by stress and injury.
- Based on a principle that the body is divided into zones that run from the top of the head to the toes and fingers. Any blockages in those zones, which may result from injury, illness, emotion or stress, causes disruption in the circulatory system of the body. Toxins build up behind these blockages and create unbalance or dis-ease in the body. Reflexology helps the body release these blockages and supports the body as it re-establishes its own healthy balance or homeostasis.
For more on the history and origin of Reiki and Reflexology click the link below to listen to this episode.
3 Rivers R & R - Reiki and Reflexology
116 Lincoln Ave.
Edgewood, PA 15218
Judith Levy...Wellness for People and Pets
- Certifiied Energy Health Practitioner through an international organization.
- Intuitive abilities help to combine many energy modalities to individualize Energy Health sessions.
- Practice is unique as she works professionally with people and also has developed skills for an adapted energy practice for pets.
- All methods are positive
Reiki For Pets
Consider Reiki, especially in combination with other Judith Levy Wellness practices and when appropriate, in consultation with your pet’s veterinarian, when your pet:
- Exhibits behavioral problems, excessive fear, or aggression.
- Is facing or recovering from surgery
- Has a history of simple or complex trauma (abuse or neglect)
- Demonstrates difficulty in healing
- Has a negative relationship with you, its guardian
- Suffers from chronic pain or end-of-life discomfort
- Takes more medication than you desire
How People benefit from Energy Health Practices
- Remove obstacles to achieving a goal or overcoming an ingrained habit.
- Reduce stress and/or feel more supported in managing and improving an emotional or physical issue.
- Help your body heal faster
- Manage a chronic condition
- Solve a problem without being bogged down in a drawn-out process.
For more on Reiki and Energy Health Practices click the link below to listen to this episode.
Judith Levy M.Ed., CEHP, RMT
- As an RN, Barbara was introduced to acupressure, Therapeutic Touch and Reiki and found it fascinating.
- 4 year Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) program, in addition to learning Chinese medicine philosophy and the over 365 acupoints, learned reflexology, tuina (tweena) a type of Chinese body work, and became certified to teach Qi Gong, a type of moving meditation that is similar to Tai Chi.
- Diplomat of the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), and holds acupuncture and nursing licenses in Oregon and Pennsylvania.
Bamboo Road LLC
- Full spectrum of acupuncture therapies
- Reconnective Healing sessions and The Reconnection
- Classes on Qi Gong.
How acupuncture works:
- Works on the concept of manipulating Qi (chee), which the Chinese believe is the energetic basis (or ethereal substance) of which everything is composed. It loosely translates as “live force” or “energy”. It travels throughout our body in channels or meridians.
- The flow of Qi can be disrupted by a number of things; it can be weakened by illness or become stagnant because of trauma or even tension.
- Manipulating stagnant Qi by needling or using some of the other techniques help maintain balance, which reduces pain and theoretically, disease.
- Works on many conditions, including musculoskeletal problems (including low back, upper back & shoulder pain and knee pain), GI and urinary problems; stress, anxiety and insomnia. Good for stroke rehab and helps bones heal faster. Some use it for withdrawal of addictions. Good for dental pain, all types of chronic headaches including migraines, menstrual problems including PMS and helps poorly controlled diabetes.
- Great for maintaining good health, which is the backbone of Chinese medicine.
Reconnective Healing and The Reconnection
- Use newly discovered frequencies that bring in a different type of light, energy and information.
- In addition to Reconnective Healing sessions, I do a procedure called The Reconnection. This uses these same new frequencies to reconnect our meridians to larger energetic channels that circle the earth and beyond, sometimes called ley lines. Becoming reconnected helps you find and move towards your life path & higher purpose.
- A type of moving meditation that promotes the building of Qi in your body.
- There are hundreds of styles and it’s similar to the more well-known Tai Chi.
For more on Acupuncture, Reconnective Healing and the Reconnection click the link below to listen to this episode.
Delana Flowers is a Positively Pittsburgh Live reporter, an independent writer and owner of Ingenuity by Delana Flowers ©, writing effective copy so you don’t have to. Services include copywriting for newsletters, blogs, ad copy, marketing pieces, articles, reviews, invitations, postcards, flyers and more.