Publisher, Editor: Joanne Quinn-Smith
Most “Liveable” City Out to Prove It’s the Most Loveable!
“Group Hug” with Council Members and Proclamation City Council Building on February 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, the World’s Most Huggable CityThe City of Pittsburgh has been voted the most liveable city, the top ten Best in the World for tourism among many awards and now PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagzine.com and Pittsburgh City Council have teamed up to prove that Pittsburgh is the Most Loveable, Most Huggable City! Using the model of the international phenomenon of the “Free Hug Campaign” PPLMag.com plans to create a spectacular event on September 6, 2012 with preview events leading up to it. The goal is to create an event that brings attention and prominence to “Pittsburgh’s best asset, the friendliness of its citizens.”
What’s Happening When and Where!
- February 14th Proclamation declaring September 6th as Hug-A-Thon Pittsburgh Day. There will also be a group hug with City Council Members.
- Hug Ambassador Events are open auditions to be huggers at the Hug-A-Thon Events of September 6th.
- Hug Ambassador Auditions will be held in the City Council Districts of Darlene Harris, William Peduto, and Theresa Smith.
- Hug Auditions scheduled during the months of March, May, July and August
- Hug Ambassador Categories will include, but aren’t limited to:
Best Granny Hugger, Best EMS Hugger, Best Sports Hugger, Best Entertainment and Media Hugger
o The Hug Ambassador Event Winners will be determined by Facebook contributions and donations raised at the event for four area charities.
- Hug Auditions are scheduled during the months of March, May, July and August. These will be preview events to the September 6, Hug-A-Thon Pittsburgh™
September 6, 2012 Outdoor Hug-A-Thon Pittsburgh Event and Gala
- The outdoor event will be held in five locations in downtown Pittsburgh. These Hug locations are the City County Building, Market Square, Katz Plaza, underneath Macy’s Clock, and the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown. Times to get a “free” hug and make your optional donations: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM at these locations
- There will be signage and entertainment to draw attention to the Huggers.
- The hugs will be free. Donations will be accepted and the donations will benefit four local charities.
- The Presenting Sponsor is Wyndham Grand Downtown and the first official Hug-A-Thon Pittsburgh Gala will be held in the Wyndham Grand Ballroom.
- Celebrity Hug Stations will be set up around the room. Celebrities will include local sports figures, media personalities, and entertainers.
- Local musical and variety entertainment has been engaged for both the lobby of the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown and the ballroom from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
"I am proud to be a part of this great campaign and to show how much Pittsburgh cares about its local charities. Pittsburgh is hands-down the World's Most Lovable City!" Bill Peduto
Pittsburgh, the World’s Most Huggable CityFor additional information contact Joanne Quinn-Smith, Publisher, PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com
About PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com™ (PPL Mag™)
PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com™ is Pittsburgh’s First Internet Radio and TV network established in 2007. It is an online community magazine to disseminate the Positive News for Positive Pittsburghers. PPLMag™ is also an internet Pittsburgh radio and TV network with dedicated syndicated channels and online radio and TV capabilities. The internet radio network for PPLMag™ shows have reached over 920,000 accumulated Internet archived and live listeners.
Forward this email
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Positively Pittsburgh Live Magazine .